Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 23rd finally arrives for Sweet Caroline


(Thanks Kristen for this photo and great editing job!)
After months of "How much longer till my birthday?" question every morning, the big day finally arrived and Caroline is now 5! We partied pretty hard and probably wore her Grandma C. out.
Ella, Alison and Caroline all had a birthday within three days of each other so we celebrated with some friends from primary at Alison's house. Teresa and I made a balloon bouquet of cupcakes to bring.


Ella is 3, Alison is 4, and Caroline is 5.

In Junior primary in our ward there are only 5 girls. All 4 of them are in the sunbeam class, and Caroline sits behind them with all the boys in her class. And another row of 7 boys behind her. She was so happy to have a princess crown and be with girlfriends for the day.
The next day was May 23rd and Camille made her a new birthday crown. Caroline has been repeating that date over and over again ever since Kindergarten orientation when she met her principal. She only asked her one question, "When is your birthday, Caroline?" After failing the test I taught it to her and she won't ever forget it now. We were all quite sick of May 23rd before it even arrived.
She spent the day opening a present from all her sisters. And running around showing off the $5 dollars her Great Grandma Pieper sent to her in a letter. Grandma C. sat her down to have a discussion about savings and tithing. When she found out that 2 whole quarters of the money needed to be given to the bishop she was very upset and cried out, "Why didn't Grandma send me more money then?"

A couple years ago for Christmas we gave the kids this three wheeler we found at our favorite As Is Salvation army store for 2 bucks because it didn't work. That is until Brent charged it with his drill battery and it now runs for about an hour at fast walking speed. We haven't had it out since last summer and it was the perfect birthday toy to pull out of the basement. I ran all over the neighborhood trying to keep up with her and Marcus even got a ride.

She wanted a crown cake that we saw on Familyfun.com. She talked about her "prown cake" all week. Yes, she is the same old Caroline with a very unique lisp. After making cupcakes I was weary and dreaded more decorating.
I sent Brent to the store to get me sugar cookie dough to save me some time. He came home with chocolate chip cookies instead of dough for sugar cookies? ? ?
I did my best improvising and threw this one together in 5 minutes, minus the princess crown. I was sure she was going to be so dissapointed. I guess I forgot she is 5. She came in, took a look and was thrilled! She ran and got the crown she got from Alison's mom, plopped it on top, and the "prown cake" was complete.

I am sure that Caroline is the happiest, sweetest little 5 year old ever "I ever saw". Just ask anyone who sits in front of her in church, if they are so lucky. Whoever they are, about 5 minutes into the meeting they find a soft hand on their back giving them the best back rub you ever saw. Turn around to find out who's hand is on your back and you will get the biggest smile you ever saw.
This "I ever saw" stuff is true blue Caroline language. A couple days with Grandma C. and she declared. "Grandma, you are the best Grandma I ever saw!" I told Grandma she was lucky. There are only 2 other people that have made it to the "best I ever saw" category. Dad and I.

She overheard me and said, "No, mom. You are not the best I ever saw. Grandma is."

3 comments:

linda said...

Happy Birthday Miss Caroline. May 23 is also my neice Alicias birthday. She is now 4. I have a gift for you. I will get it to you as soon as I can. I forgot to bring it on Sunday, Sorry.

Shelby said...

Hi Kashann
De-lurking here....I just wanted to tell you that your story about Caroline made me laugh, what a sweetie! This is Shelby Shoemake from Pasco, I found your blog via Janell Felsted.:) Hope all is well with you, what a fun family you have!
Take Care

kristenita said...

I have more pix for you - just keep forgetting to get them to ya.